Burroughs Corporation records. ElectroData Division records
Identifier: CBI 90, Series 36
The collection contains memos, reports, correspondence, and subject files and is arranged in series according to the origin or type of documentation.
Scope and Contents This is one series of the Burroughs Corporation Records (CBI 90). Please see the other series finding aids for further information regarding the Burroughs Corporation.
- Burroughs Corporation (Organization)
Language of Materials
Use of Materials:
Access to the collection is unrestricted.
The Charles Babbage Institute holds the copyright to all materials in the collection, except for items covered by a prior copyright (such as published materials). Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
41 boxes (32.5 cubic feet))
Collection contains memos, reports, correspondence, and subject files and is arranged in series according to the origin or type of documentation.
The ElectroData Corporation was taken over by Burroughs in June of 1956. ElectroData, originally a division of the Consolidated Electrodynamics Corporation, was spun off and then went public. This acquisition gave Burroughs a good start in the computer industry as ElectroData had built the Datatron 205 and was working on the Datatron 220.
Arrangement of Collection
The materials in this collection are arranged into the following groups:
- Medium Systems Manufacturing and Engineering Records
- Laboratory Notebooks
- Logic Schematics for B205 and B5000
- Memory Schematics for B5000
- Technical Bulletins
- Engineering Laboratory Books
- Engineering Test Log Books
- Technical Manuals
- Project and Progress Reports
- Fred Kalbach Papers
- Fred Kalbach and Norm Kreuder Papers
- George Hare Papers
- Lawrence Bewley Papers
- Stromback/Merrill File
- Duncan MacDonald Papers
- Engineering Technical Memorandum
- Engineering Technical Reports
- Miscellaneous Subject Files.
The records were given to the Charles Babbage Institute by Unisys Corporation in 1991, accession 991-35.
- Burroughs Corporation Records. ElectroData Division Records, 1952-1979. Finding Aid.
- Prepared by Susan A. Stepka and Caroline Gasser, February 1997; revised by Carrie Seib, December 2003.
- 1997; 2003
- Language of description