Alfred Anderson (Alfred Jakobus Konstantin Anderson) was a lawyer and an economist, born in 1901 in Suislepa, county of Viljandimaa, Estonia. Graduated from Viljandi Commercial Gymnasium (Viljandi Kommertsgümnaasium). Took part in the Estonian War of Independence. Received education from the University of Tartu (law and economics degrees (1934), later worked for the Estonian Meat Export Association. Was also one of the publishers of the newspaper "Baltic Times." Vice-chairman and managing director of the central organization of Estonian co-op. slaughterhouses and canned goods factories "Eesti Lihaeksport," member of the Estonian Exchange Committee, member of the Anglo-Estonian Cultural Society, member of the Estonian YMCA. Between 1945 and 1949, Alfred Anderson was at the DP Camp in Oldenburg, Germany. He was the chairman of the Estonian Committee in Oldenburg. Resettled in the United States in 1949, and since 1950 worked for the Estonian Relief Committee in New York, eventually also becoming a translator for the Department of State. He served as Chairman of the Estonian World Council and as Council member of the Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church New York congregation. Founding member of the Estonian Archives in the U.S. (Lakewood, New Jersey). Academically a member of fraternity Sakala (korp! Sakala). Died 30.06.1979. Father: HansMother: Auguste (nee Treufeldt) Jutta Anderson, born in 1902 in Penuja, Estonia. In 1922, she married her first husband Gottlieb Ney. Started studying law at the University of Tartu in 1933. Married Alfred Anderson in 1940 in Estonia. In 1944, they emigrated to Germany, in 1949 to USA. After her resettlement in the United States, Jutta Anderson worked as a clerk at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. Active member of the Estonian Women' s Club in New York. Died 16.06 1984 in Fort Lee, NJ, USA.