National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept.
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Records documenting Ernie Chapman's lifelong association with the YMCA, especially his work on the board of the Orange County YMCA, the Pacific (Southwest) Area Board, and the National Board, and the World Alliance of YMCAs. Also well-documented are Chapman's involvement with YMCA's Model Legislature and Court / Youth and Government programs and the Armed Services YMCA.
Reports, facsimiles of commissions and correspondence, and historical information about the United States Christian Commission, an organization founded by the YMCA to provide spiritual services to soldiers during the Civil War.
Minutes, correspondence, publicity bulletins, training manuals, reports, newspapers, and other records of major YMCA administrative bodies which provided services to the military forces in the United States and abroad during World War I..
Records documenting the administration of the YMCA's work with the United States armed services from the era of the Civil War through the late 1980s, particularly during the period from the time of the first world war through the Korean war.
Historical data, correspondence, reports, memoranda, articles, newspapers, pamphlets, photographs, scrapbooks, and other records documenting the YMCA's work serving the armed forces community from the time of the Civil War through the present.
Photo albums, scrapbooks, and photographs documenting YMCA work with the United States Armed Forces, primarily documenting World War I and World War II. The scrapbooks contain some photographs and ephemera, but contain mostly newspaper clippings.
- Prisoners of war. 4
- Soldiers -- Recreation 4
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Military life. 4
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 4
- Photographs 3
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Religious life. 3
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Songs and music. 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 3
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 3
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations. 2
- Mexican-American Border Region. 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations. 2
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Service clubs. 2
- Vietnamese Conflict, 1961-1975 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian Associations. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 2
- Canteens (Establishments). 1
- China 1 ∧ less