Weidensall, Robert, 1836-1922
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Papers, primarily correspondence, diaries, and travelogs, of Robert Weidensall documenting his 54 year career organizing YMCAs, including state, county, college and railroad work. The collection includes correspondence from Weidensall's brother, Jacob, who was involved in the Civil War; as well as many local YMCA leaders documenting the evolution of state, county and college work of the YMCA.
Minutes, correspondence, reports, topical files, publications, and other material documenting the work of the YMCA with students on college and university campuses in the United States and Canada. Also included are records concerning other national and international Christian student groups with which the Student YMCA worked. .
Correspondence, memoranda, reports, conference materials, newsletters, and other records of the Committee on Extension, the Town, Country, and Extension Committee and its predecessor bodies, including the County Work Department; the Town and County Department; and the Town, County, and Community Committee; among other slight variations over the years. The collection also includes a large number of pamphlets, booklets, and similar publications on various aspects of this work.
Material documenting the committees which coordinated YMCA work at the state level, consisting primarily of state convention proceedings, reports, minutes, and publications, as well as records of programs such as boys work, camping, and physical education. For some states, the collection includes records of county work, as well as material from local associations.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 3
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 3
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States 2
- Church work with students. 1
- College students -- Religious life. 1
- Diaries 1
- DuPage County (Ill.). 1
- Rural youth -- Social conditions 1
- Rural youth -- United States 1
- Small cities -- Social conditions 1
- Student service -- United States -- History. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Universities and colleges -- Religion 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Canada. 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Periodicals 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States -- Administration. 1 + ∧ less