Stokes, James, 1841-1918
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Includes minutes, account books, scrapbooks, ephemera, correspondence, newspaper clippings, brochures and pamphlets, journals, committee reports and other materials that document the early history of the YMCA in New York City.
Ccorrespondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, maps, journal and newspaper articles and other records documenting YMCA work in France, especially youth and publishing work done in France for Russian refugees.
Records of YMCA work in Russia and the Soviet Union consisting primarily of correspondence among YMCA secretaries working in Russia, as well as correspondence and reports to YMCA leaders in the Unites States on matters relating to programs, relations with the Orthodox Church, finances, membership recruitment, and work with World War I soldiers and prisoners of war.
Collected minutes, advertising cards, event tickets, correspondence, committee records, annual reports and newspaper clippings from the French Branch of the YMCA of New York City.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 3
- New York (N.Y.) 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Russia (Federation). 2
- Casablanca (Morocco). 1
- Europe, Eastern -- Economic conditions. 1
- Europe, Eastern -- Social conditions. 1
- France. 1
- French -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc. 1
- Immigrants' writings, Russian -- France. 1
- Lyon (France). 1
- Orthodox Eastern Church -- Russia (Federation). 1
- Paris (France). 1
- Philanthropists. 1
- Prisoners of war. 1
- Publishers and publishing -- France. 1
- Refugees -- Soviet Union. 1
- Religion and culture -- Russia (Federation). 1 + ∧ less