Anna B. Raines papers
Scope and Content
The collection consists of photocopies of Anna Raines’ papers; Ms. Raines retained the originals.
- Raines, Anna B. (Person)
Language of Materials
Use of Materials
Open for use in Social Welfare History Archives reading room.
Please contact the Archives for copyright information.
Anna B. Raines was a medical social worker and administrator. After working as a social worker with the Alabama unit of the Red Cross, she went to the Veterans Administration Hospital in Tuskegee in 1926 when the federal government took over its administration from the Red Cross. She continued there as a medical, then psychiatric, social worker, becoming Chief of Social Work Service. She retired in 1956.
1 linear inch
One folder of photocopies of Anna Raines’ papers.
Other Finding Aid
Please contact the archivists for further information regarding these papers.
The Anna B. Raines papers were received by the Social Welfare History Archives in 1972.
- Medical social work -- Alabama -- Tuskegee -- History -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Veterans -- Services for -- Alabama -- Tuskegee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Tuskegee, Ala.) -- History
- Anna B. Raines papers
- Karen Spilman
- February 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note