Lee Mauk Papers
Documents related to Lee Mauk's lawsuit against Cigna and It's Time Minnesota, as well as educational materials on AIDS in Minnesota.
- 1975 - 2002
Conditions Governing Access
Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only. Materials will be retrieved from and returned to storage areas by staff members.
Conditions Governing Use
Please contact staff regarding copyright status of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
Biographical / Historical
Lee Mauk sued his former employee Cigna in 1990-1994 on the grounds of being fired due to homophbic discrimination, and subsequently because the poster boy fo the 1993 It’s Time Minnesota organization, which lobbied fo the Minnesota Stat government to pass bills against anti-gay discrimination.
2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection is a gift of Lee Mauk.
This collection was processed by Jemma Kloss in August 2022.
- AIDS (Disease) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- AIDS activists -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Discrimination in employment -- United States. Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Homophobia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Safe sex in AIDS prevention Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lee Mauk Papers
- Jemma Kloss
- August 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies Collecting Area