Sioux Empire Gay and Lesbian Coalition Records 1998-2003
Scope and Content
The records consist of a directory, bound newsletters, and bound photocopies of clippings, meeting minutes, and correspondence related to the highway controversy 2001.
Language of Materials
Collection material in English
Restrictions on Access
Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only. Materials will be retrieved from and returned to storage areas by staff members.
Restrictions on Use
Please contact staff regarding copyright status of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
The Sioux Empire Gay and Lesbian Coalition was a social welfare organization based in South Dakota. The group made headlines in 2001 by filing suit in against the state of South Dakota for refusing to erect signage acknowledging the group's participation in the state's highway clean-up program.
1 box (0.21 linear feet)
The collection contains the records of the Sioux Empire Gay and Lesbian Coalition.
This collection was processed by Jennifer Shaw as part of a project financed in part with funds provided by the State of Minnesota from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the Minnesota Historical Society
- Gay and lesbian perspectives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Native American peoples Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sioux Empire Gay and Lesbian Coalition
- South Dakota. Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Sioux Empire Gay and Lesbian Coalition records, 1998-2003
- Heather Dahlgren, Susan Hoffman, and Jennifer Shaw
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies Collecting Area