University of Minnesota, Duluth, GLBT Services Records
Scope and Content
University of Minnesota, Duluth, GLBT Services records (1990-2012) comprises articles and clippings, full newspaper, newsletter and magazine copies, program records, promotional materials, posters, administrative records and resources used by the office, students and faculty. Particular emphasis of the records is given to publications reporting on GLBT issues and associated organizations.
- 1990-2012, undated
- University of Minnesota, Duluth, GLBT Services (Organization)
Language of Materials
Collection material in English
Restrictions on Access
Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only. Materials will be retrieved from and returned to storage areas by staff members.
Restrictions on Use
Please contact staff regarding copyright status of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
TThe University of Minnesota, Duluth, GLBT Services is responsible for developing and evaluating programs and services that affirm GLBT people and their allies in support of their academic success and social development, while encouraging an environment that promotes and appreciates multiculturalism. The GLBT Services grew out of efforts begun in the early 1990’s on the Twin Cities Campus to address the climate of campus life for GLBT students. Founded in August of 2000, Angie Nichols was brought on to serve as the first Director of the GLBT Services at the University of Minnesota, Duluth. In 2004, GLBT Services joined the Office of Cultural Diversity and currently operates in a multicultural team environment.
4.67 Linear Feet (4.67 linear feet)
The University of Minnesota, Duluth, GLBT Services records includes administrative records, promotional materials, publications and resource documents used by GLBT Services, faculty and students.
This collection has been maintained in its original order and is listed by folder title.
Boxes 1-3 of this collection are located offsite in the West Bank Office Building (WBOB) and will require additional advance notice in order to view.
Source of acquisition
This collection is the gift of Angie Nichols.
This collection was processed by Kimberly Arleth and Jennifer Shaw as part of a project financed in part with funds provided by the State of Minnesota from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the Minnesota Historical Society.
- College newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- GLBTQ people Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minnesota Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Students Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Minnesota, Duluth Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Minnesota, Duluth, GLBT Services
- University of Minnesota, Duluth, GLBT Services records, 1990-2012
- Kimberly Arleth and Jennifer Shaw
- January 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies Collecting Area