Transgender Research Guide
Scope and Content
The Transgender Research Guide, 1923-2014 is composed of magazines, newsletters, newspapers, zines, pamphlets, correspondence, organizational records, clippings, photocopies, educational material, and ephemera. Coverage is given to subjects specific to national and international transgender individuals and communities.
- Creation: 1923-2014
- Aggregate (Organization)
Language of Materials
English and Spanish
Restrictions on Access
Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only. Materials will be retrieved from and returned to storage areas by staff members.
Restrictions on Use
Please contact staff regarding copyright status of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under fair use provisions of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
22 boxes (8.76 linear feet)
This research guide presents a summary of holdings in the collection that are primarily relevant to transgender research. Researchers are encouraged to search in MNCAT, and the Tretter Collection finding aids to supplement these results.
- Transgender Informational Files, 1941-2014.
- Transgender Periodicals 1, 1965-1992.
- Transgender Periodicals 2, 1970-2002.
- Transgender Periodicals 3, 1976-1981.
- Transgender Periodicals 4, 1923-1981.
- Transgender Newsletters, 1979-2006.
- Tri Ess (Gift of Jane Fee), 1993-2001.
- Boulton and Park Society Publications, 1987-2001.
- Cataloged Periodicals, 1963-2005.
- Gay liberation movement.
- Gender expression.
- Gender identity.
- Gender, bodies and transformation
- Queer studies
- Transgender people -- Employment -- Law and legislation.
- Transgender people -- Identity.
- Transgender people -- Legal status, laws. etc.
- Transgender people's writings
- Transgender Research Guide, 1923-2014
- Emily Atchison
- February 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English