Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives duplicates collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of ephemeral materials including: posters, handouts, matchbooks, ticket stubs, programs, fliers, drink tickets, coasters, stickers, and more. Other materials include: newspaper and magazine clippings; health public service brochures; scholarly articles; invitations to events; correspondence, and more. Materials date between the 1960s and the 2010s. Materials document local Canadian organizations and events as well as some in the United States.
- Majority of material found in 1960s - 2010s
Language of Materials
Languages of materials are majority English and some French, with some public service announcement fliers in other languages as well.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives (CLGA) were founded in 1973 and aims to document the lives of the LGBTQ+ communities throughout Canada. Located in Toronto, Canda, more information can be found at their website www.clga.ca.
9 Cubic Feet (9 Paige boxes)
This collection consists of duplicate materials culled from the Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives that document LGBTQ+ communities in Canada, with some materials related to the United States.
This collection is comprised of the following series: Series 1: General Organizations Information Series 2: Press Releases and Public Service Announcements Series 3: Events Series 4: Scholarly articles Series 5: Conference and Lectures Series 6: Newspaper and Magazine Clippings Series 7: Miscellaneous ephemera Series 8: Religion Series 9: Publications announcements Series 10: Film, Theater, Art exhibit ephemera
- Gay activists Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gay and Lesbian Film Festivals. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gay pride celebrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gay rights Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lesbians. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Canadian Lesbian and Gay Archives duplicates collection, 1960s - 2010s
- Kate Dietrick
- May 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.