John Overend papers
Scope and Content
The collection consists of materials regarding infrared and molecular spectroscopy.
- circa 1949-1982
- Overend, John (Person)
Language of Materials
Use of Materials
Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only.
Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). Requests to publish should be arranged with the University of Minnesota Archives.
Biographical Sketch of John Overend (1928-1984)
John Overend was born in Keighly, England in 1928. He earned his B.A. in 1952 and his Ph.D. in 1955 from St. John's College, Oxford, England. He completed a post-doctorate fellowship in the infrared spectroscopy group at the University of Minnesota from 1955-1958. In 1960, Dr. Overend became an assistant professor of physical chemistry at the University; he became a full professor in 1967. Dr. Overend was considered an expert in molecular spectroscopy. John Overend died on 26 November 1984.
2 boxes (2.6 linear feet)
Collection contains the papers of John Overend, professor of physical chemistry at the University of Minnesota.
Other Finding Aid Available
A finding aid with a contents list is available in University Archives.
Collection has not been processed.
- Infrared spectroscopy -- Study and teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Molecular spectroscopy -- Study and teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Minnesota. Department of Chemistry
- John Overend Papers, circa 1949-1982
- Karen Spilman
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University Archives Collecting Area