School of Public Health papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains newsletters, committee reports and minutes, awards, research, correspondence and other administrative papers.
- University of Minnesota. School of Public Health (Organization)
Language of Materials
Use of Materials
Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only.
Requests for permission to quote from the School of Public Health papers should be arranged with the University of Minnesota Archives head.
The School of Public Health at the University of Minnesota was founded in 1944 as part of the College of Medical Sciences, replacing the department of preventative medicine and public health, established in 1922. The responsibilities of the School included training public health officers, engineers and nurses. In 1946, the Laboratory of Physiological Hygiene, noted for its starvation research during World War II under Dr. Ancel Keys, joined the School; in 1958, the first epidemiology Ph.D. program in the nation was created and in 1964 the first hospital engineering program was developed within the School. The School currently offers 10 majors and opportunities for dual degrees in public health and medicine, nursing, social work and law.
2.5 Cubic Feet (2 boxes)
Collection contains the administrative papers of the School of Public Health at the University of Minnesota.
Source of acquisition
The collection was deposited in University Archives by the School of Public Health in 1964, 1967 and 1993.
Collection has not been processed.
- School of Public Health papers, 1925-1970s
- Karen Spilman
- May 2005
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English