Engineering Bookstore papers
Scope and Content
The collection consists of historical information regarding the bookstore, materials regarding the Army and Navy contracts with the University to train a number of military personnel, including nurses, doctors, officers and technicians, lists of book surpluses, curriculum and booklists for particular engineering courses, correspondence, reports to the Board of Regents, papers regarding various campus bookstore construction, financial reports, and board of directors minutes.
- University of Minnesota. Engineering Bookstore (Organization)
Language of Materials
Use of Materials
Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only.
Requests for permission to quote from the Engineering Bookstore papers should be arranged with the University of Minnesota Archives head.
The Association for Engineering Students at the University of Minnesota first organized an engineering bookstore in 1920. In 1923, the Association was succeeded by the Technical Commission, who did not take over the administration of the bookstore. From 1923 until 1935, the Engineering Bookstore had no official connection to the University of Minnesota campus. In 1935, the Board of Regents made the store a University Service Enterprise. In 1938, the Engineering Bookstore and the Business School Book Exchange combined to form the Professional Colleges Bookstore.
3 boxes (1.5 linear feet)
Collection contains the papers of the Engineering Bookstore at the University of Minnesota.
Other Finding Aid Available
A finding aid with a contents list is available in University Archives.
- Coffman, Lotus Delta, 1875-1938
- Engineering -- Study and teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Middlebrook, William T.
- University of Minnesota. Business School Book Exchange
- University of Minnesota. Professional Colleges Bookstore
- Veterans -- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Engineering Bookstore papers, 1919-1957
- Paul Marvelas; revised by Karen Spilman
- November 1984; revised September 2005
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note