Skip to main content

Engineering Bookstore papers

 Collection
Identifier: 568

Scope and Content

The collection consists of historical information regarding the bookstore, materials regarding the Army and Navy contracts with the University to train a number of military personnel, including nurses, doctors, officers and technicians, lists of book surpluses, curriculum and booklists for particular engineering courses, correspondence, reports to the Board of Regents, papers regarding various campus bookstore construction, financial reports, and board of directors minutes.

Dates

  • 1919-1957

Creator

Language of Materials

English

Use of Materials

Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only.

Copyright

Requests for permission to quote from the Engineering Bookstore papers should be arranged with the University of Minnesota Archives head.

Historical Note

The Association for Engineering Students at the University of Minnesota first organized an engineering bookstore in 1920. In 1923, the Association was succeeded by the Technical Commission, who did not take over the administration of the bookstore. From 1923 until 1935, the Engineering Bookstore had no official connection to the University of Minnesota campus. In 1935, the Board of Regents made the store a University Service Enterprise. In 1938, the Engineering Bookstore and the Business School Book Exchange combined to form the Professional Colleges Bookstore.

Extent

3 boxes (1.5 linear feet)

Abstract

Collection contains the papers of the Engineering Bookstore at the University of Minnesota.

Other Finding Aid Available

A finding aid with a contents list is available in University Archives.
Title
Engineering Bookstore papers, 1919-1957
Author
Paul Marvelas; revised by Karen Spilman
Date
November 1984; revised September 2005
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Collecting Area Details

Contact The University Archives Collecting Area

Contact:

612-624-0562