Roxana Ruth Ford papers
Scope and Content
The collection includes correspondence, speeches, committee and organization files, data and working papers for research projects and clippings and printed matter relating to home economics education, Professor Ford's career and her professional activities. Papers relating to the American Home Economics Association, the American Vocational Association, Phi Upsilon Omicron and to curriculum of the University of Minnesota School of Home Economics are also included in the collection.
- Ford, Roxana Ruth, 1910-1998 (Person)
Language of Materials
Use of Materials
Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only.
Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair us provision of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). Requests to publish should be arranged with the University of Minnesota Archives.
Biographical Sketch of Roxana Ruth Ford (1910-1998)
Roxana Ruth Ford was born on July 14, 1910 in Flat Rock, Illinois. She earned her B.S. in 1930 and M.S. in 1940 from Texas Technological College in Lubbock, Texas. She received her Ph.D. in 1949 from Iowa State University. She joined the faculty at the University of Minnesota as assistant professor of home economics education in 1947. She was appointed to assistant director of the School of Home Economics in 1959 and associate director in 1967. Dr. Ford retired from the University of Minnesota in 1975.
Dr. Ford's emphasis was on home economic education, specifically adult education for practicing and non-practicing home economists. She also assisted in developing the University's home economics curriculum. Dr. Ford was active in professional associations including serving as president of the Minnesota Home Economics Association and the Minnesota Vocational Association. She died November 13, 1998 at the age of 88.
0.8 Cubic Feet (4 hollingers)
Collection contains the papers of Roxana Ruth Ford, associate director of the School of Home Economics at the University of Minnesota.
The collection is arranged into nine series: Personal, Articles and publications, Speeches, Committees, Conferences, Organizations, School of Home Economics, Research, Studies.
Source of acquisition
Collection was deposited in University Archives in 1975.
Partial Subject Inventory
- Adult Education Association of the U.S.A. [AEA-US]- Folder 24
- Adult education in home economics - Folder 5, 11, 12, 24, 30, 46, 50-54, 67, 69-71
- Advisory committee on selection of a successor to Dean Macy- Folder 17
- Advisory screen committee on selection of a director of the Agricultural Experiment Station- Folder 18
- American Home Economics Association (AHEA)- Folder 7, 8, 12, 25
- American Vocational Association (AVA)- Folder 9, 13, 27
- Blind homemakers- Folder 37, 61
- Minnesota Educational Association (MEA)- Folder 14
- Minnesota Home Economics Association (MHEA)- Folder 25, 38
- Minnesota Vocational Association (MVA)- Folder 15, 16, 39
- National Association of Public School Adult Educators (NAPSAE)- Folder 11
- Studies of home experience programs- Folder 56, 60
- Studies of teachers attitudes towards teaching- Folder 52, 55, 63
- University of Minnesota. Department of Short Courses, Steering Coordinating Committee- Folder 19
- Adult Education Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- American Education Association of the U.S.A.
- American Home Economics Association
- American Vocational Association
- Home economics -- Study and teaching -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mexican Americans -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minnesota Vocational Association
- People with disabilities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Minnesota. College of Home Economics
- University of Minnesota. Faculty Women's Dining Club
- University of Minnesota. Office of International Programs
- Roxana Ruth Ford papers, 1939-1975
- Karen Klinkenberg; updated by Karen Spilman
- July 1976; January 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English