Women’s Studies records
Scope and Content
The collection contains materials regarding the formation of the program (1975-1977), course materials including syllabi, course proposals and course lists, correspondence, meeting minutes and departmental files.
- University of Minnesota. Department of Women’s Studies (Organization)
Language of Materials
Use of Materials
Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only.
Requests for permission to quote from the University of Minnesota. Dept. of Women’s Studies papers should be arranged with the University of Minnesota Archives head.
The University of Minnesota's Women's Studies department was founded in 1973 and has the distinction of offering the first women's studies major in the country. By its 25th anniversary in 1997, the department offered over 80 majors and a Ph.D. program, one of only six in the country.
17 boxes (22.1 linear feet)
Collection contains the papers of the Department of Women's Studies at the University of Minnesota.
Other Finding Aid Available
A finding aid with detailed contents is available in University Archives.
Source of acquisition
Collection was deposited in University Archives by the Women's Studies department on January 25, 2000.
- Women -- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women’s studies -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Department of Women’s Studies records, 1975-2002
- Under Revision
- Karen Spilman
- February 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University Archives Collecting Area