Skip to main content

Corrosion Research Center records

Identifier: uarc 1188

Scope and Content

The collection contains periodic progress reports, renewal proposals, and final reports to the Dept. of Energy, center information guides and newsletters, and information on center-based research and programs.


  • 1979-1994


Language of Materials

Collection materials in English

Use of Materials

Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only.


Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). Requests to publish should be arranged with the University of Minnesota Archives.

Historical Note

Established in 1979 in the Institute of Technology with financial assistance by the United States Department of Energy, the Corrosion Research Center facilitated interdisciplinary research on materials-degradation problems that underlie energy-related technologies. Professor Richard A. Oriani served as the director for the center beginning in 1980 until he retired in 1989. Professor David Shores served as the following director. Today, the Corrosion Research Center is an alliance of faculty with a common interest in corrosion science and engineering rather than a formal research center.


1 box (1 cubic foot)


Collection contains the records of the Corrosion Research Center at the University of Minnesota.

Source of acquisition

The collection was transferred to University Archives in November 2010 by Richard Oriani.

Related Materials in University Archives

Institute of Technology records

Corrosion Research Center Records, 1979-1994
Erik Moore
June 2011
Language of description
Script of description
Language of description note

Collecting Area Details

Contact The University Archives Collecting Area