Corrosion Research Center records
Scope and Content
The collection contains periodic progress reports, renewal proposals, and final reports to the Dept. of Energy, center information guides and newsletters, and information on center-based research and programs.
- University of Minnesota. Corrosion Research Center (Organization)
Language of Materials
Collection materials in English
Use of Materials
Items in this collection do not circulate and may be used in-house only.
Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). Requests to publish should be arranged with the University of Minnesota Archives.
Established in 1979 in the Institute of Technology with financial assistance by the United States Department of Energy, the Corrosion Research Center facilitated interdisciplinary research on materials-degradation problems that underlie energy-related technologies. Professor Richard A. Oriani served as the director for the center beginning in 1980 until he retired in 1989. Professor David Shores served as the following director. Today, the Corrosion Research Center is an alliance of faculty with a common interest in corrosion science and engineering rather than a formal research center.
1 box (1 cubic foot)
Collection contains the records of the Corrosion Research Center at the University of Minnesota.
Source of acquisition
The collection was transferred to University Archives in November 2010 by Richard Oriani.
- Corrosion Research Center -- Archives.
- Corrosion and anti-corrosives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Dept. of Energy. Division of Materials Sciences.
- University of Minnesota. Institute of Technology
- Corrosion Research Center Records, 1979-1994
- Erik Moore
- June 2011
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note