Burton Burnstein papers
Scope and Content
This collection includes administrative correspondence and memoranda from when Bernstein was first a camper, then a camp counselor in the early 1970s, up to when he was Program Director in the 1980s. Materials were organized chronologically by Burnstein when the collection was donated, however many of the more ephemeral materials remain undated.
- Creation: 1960-1994
- Burnstein, Burton (Person)
Use of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). Requests to publish should be arranged with the Upper Midwest Jewish Archives; please contact the archives for more detailed copyright information.
Camp Tikvah first opened its doors in 1947 in Aitkin, Minnesota, after a previous camp, Council Camp, was shuttered in Hinkley. Backed by the Minneapolis Jewish Community Center, the camp served Jewish children until its close in 1983. Offering sports, canoeing, horseback trips, and arts and dramatics, the summer camp provided a Jewish learning environment that was popular with Jewish youngsters from around the cities and across temples and synagogues. This collection consists of materials from Camp Tikvah from 1960 through 1994, when a camp reunion occured.
1 Cubic Feet (2 Hollinger boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of Burton Burnstein's papers which include administrative correspondence and memoranda, newsletters and brochures, program planning and scheduling all related to Camp Tikvah, a summer camp in Aitkin, Minnesota sponsored by the Minneapolis Jewish Community Center.
Source of acquisition
Materials donated to the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest by Burton Burnstein.
- Burton Burnstein papers, 1960-1994
- Finding aid created by Kate Dietrick
- December 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.