Etta Fay Orkin papers
Scope and Content
This collection is comprised of photographs -- color, 3x5 and 4x6. Most photographs are identified with Etta Fay Orkin's writing on the back side. Photos date between 1927 and 2007. Also included are a few family papers and scrapbooks that were created to document both family history as well as organizations and volunteer efforts. There are a number of scrapbooks from events with the Brandeis University local alumni.
- Orkin, Etta Fay (Person)
Use of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). Requests to publish should be arranged with the Upper Midwest Jewish Archives; please contact the archives for more detailed copyright information.
This collection consists mostly of photographs that Etta Fay Orkin took over the years that she has been active with various Jewish groups throughout the Twin Cities. She is a member of the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest as well as an active congregant at Adath Jeshurun Congregation in Minnetonka, Minnesota. She was also active as an alumni of Brandeis University and often had events with the local alumni.
1 Cubic Foot (13 boxes -- (10 paige boxes, 2 Hollinger boxes, 1 oversize box))
Language of Materials
This collection consists of family papers from Etta Fay Orkin as well as photographs from various Jewish organizations with which she was active, including as an alumni of Brandeis University.
Source of acquisition
Donated by Etta Fay Orkin. Collection added to in April 2018 by Catherine Oskow, Etta Fay Orkin's daughter.
- Adath Jeshurun Congregation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Etta Fay Orkin papers, 1923-2007
- Finding aid created by Kate Dietrick
- September 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- March 2022: revised to include newly donated materials
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Upper Midwest Jewish Archives Collecting Area