Lincoln Junior High School collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists nearly entirely of newsletters dating between 1924 and 1971; first named Lincoln Life, the newsletter was later renamed Apollo in 1956. There are a few yearbooks, clippings, newsletters, playbills and programs included in the collection.
- Lincoln Junior High School (Minneapolis, Minn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Lincoln Junior High School was erected in 1923 as a three story masonry and wood structure. Located at 2121 12th Ave North (intersection with Penn Avenue) in North Minneapolis, it shared over 6 acres with Hay Elementary School. Students upon graduation would enter in to North High School. The north side of Minneapolis once held the largest concentration of Jews between Chicago and Denver, coalescing in the 1890s and flourishing through to the 1960s.
1.15 Cubic Feet (1 Paige box)
This collection consists of the newsletters of Lincoln Junior High School, located in North Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest by Anna Lee Odessky.
- Lincoln Junior High School collection, 1924-1971
- Kate Dietrick
- August 2016
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.