Chesed Shel Emes Cemetery records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of record books that document members paid and plot listings for the cemetery, with entries dating between 1915 and 1985.
- Chesed Shel Emes (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Chesed Shel Emes Cemetery, located at 1600 Christie Place in St. Paul, Minnesota, was established in 1912. It was not affiliated with any particular synagogue, but rather was established for the poor in the Jewish community so they would have a proper burial site. There are approximately 5 acres and 3000 burials.
1.15 Cubic Feet (1 Paige box)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of the records for Chesed Shel Emes Cemetery, a Jewish cemetery located in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest by Chesed Shel Emes and Rafael Getsug in 2006.
- Cemeteries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish cemeteries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish funeral rights and ceremonies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chesed Shel Emes Cemetery records, 1915-1985
- Kate Dietrick
- August 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Upper Midwest Jewish Archives Collecting Area