Brandeis University National Women's Committee, Minneapolis-St. Paul chapter records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of: programs, pamphlets, newsletters, board meeting minutes and correspondence, members lists, photos, publicity, and speeches.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Brandeis University is a private research university with a liberal arts focus in Waltham/Boston, Massachusetts, founded by the local Jewish community in the face of Jewish quotas at other institutions of higher education. Since 1948, the Brandeis National Committee has been an integral part of Brandeis University, supporting its libraries, raising funds for neuroscience research and student scholarships - putting philanthropy first. Over the years, the Twin Cities Brandeis chapter had made significant contributions to the university’s library and scholarship funds, including establishing a $50,000 endowed scholarship, the proceeds of which still provide financial assistance to deserving Twin Cities Brandeis students annually. In 2008, the group restructured to become BOND (Branching Out in New Directions), in efforts to have more control over their financial giving to keep the funds supporting local communities. For more information on BOND, visit their website at www.bondtc.org.
0.80 Cubic Feet (2 Hollinger boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of the administrative materials of the Brandeis University National Women's Committee Minneapolis-St. Paul chapter.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was donated to the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest in 1994. Collection was added to with new donation in 2016.
- Brandeis University Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brandeis University -- Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brandeis University. National Women's Committee. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Educational fund raising Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brandeis University National Women's Committee, Minneapolis-St. Paul chapter records, 1916-1992
- Kate Dietrick
- September 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.