Hillcrest Country Club Women's Club records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of administrative materials including meeting minutes; constitution and by-laws of the tournaments; planning documents; tournament schedules, rules, and awards; lists of scores and prizes; and scrapbook pages of clippings and photographs.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Hillcrest Country Club opened in St. Paul, Minnesota in 1921 as a municiple golf course. In 1945 a group of businessment bought the club and converted it to a private club for Jewish members, as some local country clubs at the time were not open to Jewish community members. While the club is no longer Jewish-only, it does remain private under the Steamfitters Pipefitters Local 455 union.
1.2 Cubic Feet (3 boxes (2 Hollinger boxes, 1 half Hollinger box))
This collection consists of administrative materials from the women's group at the Hillcrest Country Club, a private club in St. Paul, Minnesota that hosted a prominently Jewish membership.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection donated to the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest by Bea Peilen in 1998; later added to by Jane Broude in 2006.
- Hillcrest Country Club Women's Club records, 1906-1997
- Erin Smerage
- March 2017
- Description rules
- Language of description