Monarch Club records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of meeting minutes, member rosters, correspondence, newsclippings, and photographs from the Monarch Club. The materials are dated from 1939 to 1999, with the majority of the materials dating between 1939 and 1971.
- Monarch Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The Monarch Club, originally known as the "Moharos", was formed in 1926 when a group of seven and eight year old boys got together at the Emanuel Cohen Center in Minneapolis. Originally started as a cooking club, the Monarch Club eventually grew to become a social, athletic, and cultural club.
0.40 Cubic Feet (1 Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of administrative materials related to the Monarch Club from Minneapolis, Minn.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest by Norman Goldberg in 2000.
- Clubs -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Social interaction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Youth -- Societies and clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Goldberg, Norman (Person)
- Monarch Club records, 1939-1999
- Erin Smerage
- August 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Upper Midwest Jewish Archives Collecting Area