Leo Gross collection
Scope and Contents
Materials include administrative records such as articles of incorporation and by-laws, news bulletins, pamphlets, committee reports, correspondence and memorandum, all dating between 1930 and 1985.
- Minneapolis Federation for Jewish Service (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Leo Gross was the president of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation and sat on the boards of several national Jewish agencies.
0.40 Cubic Feet (one Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of papers that were collected by Leo Gross during his service on local and national Jewish boards from the 1940s to the 1980s.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest by Leo Gross in 1991.
- Federations, Financial (social service) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Palestine Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Gross, Leo (Person)
- Leo Gross collection, 1930-1985
- Erin Smerage
- August 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Upper Midwest Jewish Archives Collecting Area