Julius Segal papers
Scope and Contents
This collection dates between 1890 and 1971 and consists of correspondence, photographs, and newspaper clippings from the Segal family. Also included in the collection are citizenship papers of Herman Spodek, a Knesseth Israel dedication book, records of the Minneapolis Federation, materials related to the Jewish Community Center building project, and materials on the North High School class of 1918 and the 1968 class reunion.
- Segal, Julius (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Julius Segal, born in 1900, was a member of the North High School class of 1918. Segal was active at the congregation Knesseth Israel and served as president of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation. In addition, he served on the committee which built the current Jewish Community Center of Greater Minneapolis building. He passed away in 1994.
0.40 Cubic Feet (1 Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of personal and administrative papers from Julius Segal.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest by Lois Segal Berman in 2005.
- Jewish Community Center of Greater Minneapolis Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish community centers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish men Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minneapolis Federation for Jewish Service Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Julius Segal papers, 1890-1971
- Erin Smerage
- November 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description