Lincoln Del collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of memorabilia from The Lincoln Del, and includes menus, specials cards , notepads, coupons, stickers, nametags, an apron, and menu signs.
- Creation: Majority of material found within undated, 1997-1998
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The Lincoln Del originates with Frank Berenberg, a Romanian Jew who came to the United States in 1897. He first worked at the Northside Bakery in North Minneapolis in 1930 with the Malinksy family. By 1933 he opened the Lincoln Bakery, first located at Lyndale Avenue. By 1935 the Lincoln Bakery had moved to 1405 Sixth Avenue in North Minneapolis. By 1946 he sold the business to his sons, and by 1951 there were two locations.
Lincoln Del East first opened in 1957 at 4100 W. Lake Street (Minnetonka Blvd) in St. Louis Park. Lincoln Del West opened in 1965 and was at 5201 Wayzata Blvd. The building went down in 1994 when the Highway 100/Highway 394 interchange expanded. Lincoln Del South opened in 1975 at 4401 W. 80th Street in Bloomington and closed in 2000.
The Lincoln Del was a very popular institution, known for their baked goods and old-style Jewish foods.
0.50 Cubic Feet (1 Legal size Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of memorabilia from The Lincoln Del, a Jewish Deli with branches in Minneapolis and the western suburbs.
This collection was put together by the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest and isolated from other materials that the donors donated at the time to create this subject collection.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated to the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest by Tim Layeux in 2000 (0774) and Alan Stone in 2012 (0510).
- Lincoln Del collection, 1997-1998
- Kate Dietrick
- August 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description