Bonnie Heller papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of pamphlets, correspondence, writings for scripts, teaching curriculum, reports, articles, and fliers, dating between 1973 and 1983.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
This collection consists of materials surrounding advocacy efforts in support of persecuted Jews in the Soviet Union. Donor Bonnie Heller was the chairperson of the Minnesota-Dakotas Action Committee for Soviet Jewry, a group who worked under the Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota and the Dakotas. Materials include fliers, pamphlets, and articles to raise awareness of the persecution of Jews, also known as prisoners of conscience and Refuseniks, in the Soviet Union. The Soviet Jewry movement sought to publicize the cause of Soviet Jews and encourage and assist their emigration to Israel.
0.70 Cubic Feet (2 boxes -- 1 Hollinger box, 1 half Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of materials surrounding advocacy efforts of Minnesotans around the persecution of Jews in the Soviet Union during the 1970s.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Bonnie Heller in December 2018.
- Human rights advocacy -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Persecutions -- Soviet Union Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews, Soviet Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Religion and culture -- Soviet Union. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soviet Union -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bonnie Heller papers, 1973-1983
- Kate Dietrick
- January 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description