Schaffer's Bridal collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists mostly of newspaper clippings of advertisements (some loose and some pasted into scrapbooks), but also includes correspondence, order forms, and a rubber stamp.
- Creation: 1947-1968
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Schaffer's Bridal was located in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Alexandria, Minnesota. The store opened in the 1930s. Located at 1000 Nicollet Ave and 25 W. 7th St. It was a local wedding dress store specializing in high end dresses. It was founded by Frank H. Schaffer, who passed away in 1992, and was also owned by his brother Herbert P. Schaffer, who passed in 2004. Both brothers had strong ties to Temple of Aaron in St. Paul, Minnesota. By the 1980s the shop was owned by Marcella Gurewitz. It closed in the early 2000s.
0.50 Cubic Feet (1 hollinger box)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of materials related to Schaffer's Bridal, a company based in Minnesota that sold high end bridal gowns.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
0250 - Donated to the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest by Dr. Lydia Schaffer in April 1996.
- Schaffer's bridal collection, 1947-1968
- Kate Dietrick
- April 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description