Elizabeth Danielson oral history interview, December 19, 1978
Scope and Contents
The collections consists of two audio recordings of an interview with Elizabeth Danielson. The interview took place on December 19, 1978 and was conducted as a part of the Boundary Changes on the Fond du Lac Reservation Oral History Project. A transcript of this interview is available.
Topics discussed in the interview include Elizabeth Danielson's memories of the Fond du Lac reservation, including comments on witness trees, locations of and uses of various historic sites, comments about specific people and statements on the meaning of and location of the island paw-paw-sco-me-me-tig.
- Creation: December 19, 1978
- From the Collection: Boundary Changes on the Fond du Lac Reservation Oral History Project (Fond du Lac, Minn.) (Organization)
- From the Collection: Blacketter, James Sr., 1909 October 20- (Person)
- From the Collection: Danielson, Elizabeth, 1888 October 12-1982 December 02 (Person)
- From the Collection: DuFault, Bob, 1913 January 16-1988 May 10 (Person)
- From the Collection: Savage, Dave, 1888 July 31-1983 September 5 (Person)
- From the Collection: Shabaiash, Mike, 1890 September 10-1990 January 10 (Person)
- From the Collection: Shabaiash, Susan Blacketter, 1903 June 30-1982 September 22 (Person)
- From the Collection: Sommer, Barbara (Person)
- From the Collection: Sorenson, Nancy, 1886 March 13-1993 November 06 (Person)
- From the Collection: Whitebird, Flora Pineau, 1901 February 21-1989 May 04 (Person)
- From the Collection: Whitebird, Frank C., 1895 June 21-1986 March 19 (Person)
- From the Collection: Whitebird, Simon, 1908 March 5-1997 September 12 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Elizabeth Danielson, an Ojibwe woman from Minnesota, was a resident of Fond du Lac Reservation. She married Gideon Danielson. In 1978 she lived in Carlton, Minnesota.
Author: B. Sommer
Language of Materials
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001