Aerial View of UMD's Lower Campus
Scope and Contents
The UMD campus has evolved from the Duluth Normal School to the Duluth State Teachers College to the University of Minnesota Duluth Branch to University of Minnesota Duluth. Photographs taken through the decades chronicle the physical development and expansion of the campus. This image is of what became known as the Lower Campus after the campus outgrew this locality and moved to the ‘upper’ campus or primary space.
- circa 1955
- University of Minnesota Duluth (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
1895 State Normal School at Duluth
1905 Duluth State Normal School
1921 Duluth State Teachers College
1947 University of Minnesota, Duluth Branch
1959 University of Minnesota, Duluth
Language of Materials
One image of what became known as the Lower Campus after the campus outgrew its original locality and moved to the ‘upper’ campus or primary space.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8526.
This collection is owned by the Minnesota Historical Society, but is housed at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives.
- Aerial photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colleges Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Duluth State Teachers College
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Schools Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Minnesota, Duluth
- Guide to the Aerial View of UMD's Lower Campus
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001