Alpha Delta Kappa, Iota and Epsilon Chapters records
Scope and Contents
The collection includes two historian's books of Alpha Delta Kappa, Iota Chapter. 1978-1980 Dagny Bohlin, President; 1982-1984 Mary Olafson, President.
The collection includes three minute books of Alpha Delta Kappa, Epsilon Chapter a brief history of the organization, and a membership list which is not dated. Volume 1: August 1952 – October 1959 Volume 2: November 1959 – August 1968 Volume 3: September 1968 – March 1974
- Majority of material found in 1952-1974, 1978-1984
- Alpha Delta Kappa, Iota and Epsilon Chapters (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Alpha Delta Kappa is an International Honorary Society for women educators. Alpha Delta Kappa is designed to: give recognition to outstanding educators, raise the status of teaching, encourage professional growth of educators, engage in community projects, provide fraternal fellowship for educators, implement altruistic and scholarship programs, and promote world peace, harmony and understanding through education.
The Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa was started in Duluth, Minnesota in 1952. Installation of the chapter took place at the Hotel Duluth on August 23, 1952 with two of Alpha Delta Kappa’s founders; Marie Neal and Agnes Shipman (Robertson), along with Gladys Hall and Maye Payne (all of Kansas City, Missouri). The women not only pledged, but initiated the new members.
1.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection includes two historian's books of Alpha Delta Kappa, Iota Chapter.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8526.
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library.
- Educators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Membership Lists Subject Source: Local sources
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Organizations Subject Source: Local sources
- Teachers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women’s organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Alpha Delta Kappa, Iota and Epsilon Chapters records
- Finding Aid Authors: P. Maus.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001