Clover Valley Telephone Company minute book
Scope and Contents
The collection is comprised of one volume including minutes from 1913-1916, records of dues paid by members and bills paid by the organization. Inside the front of the volume are several loose cancelled checks dating from 1894.
- Majority of material found in 1894, 1913-1916
- Clover Valley Telephone Company (Clover Valley, Minn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The Clover Valley Telephone Company was an organization of residents of Palmers, Clover Valley and Molde, Minnesota - all located between Duluth and Two Harbors. The company served as a cooperative primarily concerned with telephone, road, and postal service to the area. The organization seems to have begun as the Homstead Farmers Club of Palmers, Minnesota. Its name was changed to the Clover Valley Telephone Company in 1914.
Language of Materials
The collection is comprised of one volume including minutes from 1913-1916, records of dues paid by members and bills paid by the organization.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at email@example.com or 218-726-8526.
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library, and are on permanent loan from the St. Louis County Historical Society.
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cooperatives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Membership Lists Subject Source: Local sources
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- North Shore (Lake Superior) Subject Source: Local sources
- St. Louis County (Minn.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the Clover Valley Telephone Company minute book
- Finding Aid Authors: B.H. Bruemmer.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001