Duluth USO records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains information on the activities of the USO in Duluth. This information consists of correspondence, news clippings concerned with USO social activities, election officers and the Junior Club, and photographs of USO social activities and officers. Also in the collection is an annual report, meeting minutes, monthly reports, pamphlets, and insurance policies.
- United Service Organizations (U.S.). Duluth (Minn.) Branch (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The United Service Organizations or USO is a nonprofit organization The organization provides programs, services and live entertainment to members of the U.S. military and their families. The USO began in 1941, working in partnership with the Department of Defense. Although congressionally chartered, it is not a government agency.
The USO is perhaps best known for its live performances for service members, using well-known figures from the the entertainment industry to help helped boost morale. The organization was disbanded in 1947 then revived in 1950 for the Korean War; it continues to provide services and programs to troops and their families.
4.00 Linear Inches
Language of Materials
The collection contains information on the activities of the USO in Duluth.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at email@example.com or 218-726-8526.
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library, and are on permanent loan from the St. Louis County Historical Society.
- Annual reports Subject Source: Local sources
- Duluth (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Korean War, 1950-1953 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Newspaper clippings Subject Source: Local sources
- Nonprofit organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Organizations Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Publications Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Local sources
- Servicemen, Military Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War II Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Duluth USO records
- Finding Aid Authors: Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001