Duluth-Superior Chapter American-Scandinavian Foundation records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of minutes, programs announcements, news releases, news clippings, membership lists, Bylaws and Constitution. Some of the material is not dated by year. A small amount of correspondence is also included. The material is interfiled and chronological with the exception of the Constitution and Bylaws and membership lists. The chapter disbanded in 1983.
- 1977 – 1983
- Duluth-Superior Chapter American-Scandinavian Foundation (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The purpose of the chapter of the American-Scandinavian Foundation was to operate with and to promote the aims of the American-Scandinavian Foundation in advancing the intellectual relations between the United States and Scandinavian Countries. The Chapter would carry out this charge by holding meetings, receptions, lectures, and entertainments for the purpose of bringing the American and Scandinavian countries together for mutual benefit, education, and entertainment. The chapter held approximately five membership meetings a year and an annual meeting. There was an annual Christmas party. The chapter disbanded in 1983.
3.00 Linear Inches
Language of Materials
The collection consists of minutes, programs announcements, news releases, news clippings, membership lists, Bylaws and Constitution.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8526.
This collection is owned by the Minnesota Historical Society, but is housed at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives.
- Associations, institutions, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- By-laws Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Constitutions Subject Source: Local sources
- Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Immigrants Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- International relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Membership Lists Subject Source: Local sources
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Newspaper clippings Subject Source: Local sources
- Nonprofit organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Organizations Subject Source: Local sources
- Programs Subject Source: Local sources
- Scandinavia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Duluth-Superior Chapter American-Scandinavian Foundation records
- Finding Aid Authors: P. Maus.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001