History of Duluth’s Women’s Organizations videorecordings
Scope and Contents
University for Seniors offered the study group History of Duluth Women’s Organizations, led by Tina Welsh, in Spring 2012.
The collection contains 11 video recordings of presentations by volunteers and professionals from women’s organizations in Duluth, Minnesota and a printed syllabus for the course.
Presentations run from about 20 to 50 minutes in length, covering the following organizations.
History of the Women’s Studies Department, presented by Beth Bartlett
Duluth Woman’s Club, presented by Mary Evans
Junior League, presented by Brenda Beard
League of Women Voters, presented by Rosemary Guttormson
American Association of University Women, presented by Mary Ann Lucas Houx
YWCA, presented by Ellen O’Neill
PAVSA, Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault, presented by Candy Harshner
Women’s Health Center, presented by Laurie Casey
Safe Haven Shelter, presented by Susan Utech and Jean DeRider
DAIP, Domestic Abuse Intervention Program, presented by Linda Riddle
Benedictine Sisters, presented by Sister Margaret Clark
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
University for Seniors is a University of Minnesota Duluth Department of Continuing Education program for persons age 50 and older. Its purpose is to provide intellectual and cultural stimulation and growth, thus enhancing life experience for its members.
0.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Contains materials from a Spring 2012 University for Seniors study group course, History of Duluth Women’s Organizations, led by Tina Welsh.The collection includes 11 video recordings of presentations by volunteers and professionals from women’s organizations in Duluth, Minnesota and a printed syllabus for the course.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at email@example.com or 218-726-8526.
- American Association of University Women Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Community life--Minnesota--Duluth Subject Source: Local sources
- Duluth (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Feminism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- League of Women Voters (Duluth, Minn.)
- Organizations Subject Source: Local sources
- The College of St. Scholastica
- University of Minnesota, Duluth
- Women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women’s organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young Women’s Christian Association
- Guide to the History of Duluth’s Women’s Organizations videorecordings
- Finding Aid Authors: M. David.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001