Lakeside Elementary School PTA records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of PTA minutes for both general membership meetings and board meetings, one volume of the executive board’s monthly meeting minutes (Sept. 2, 1935 to May 8, 1940) and scrapbooks covering 1936 through 1991, with some years missing. A 1929 booklet of officers (1918-1929) and Bylaws is glued to the inside front cover of the minutes for 1933-1940. An undated list of charter members and past presidents is at the end of this volume and a second list (1917-1938) is in the middle of the executive board minutes. There is also a small booklet for 1951-52 called Program and Roster that lists: objects of the PTA, meetings, our theme, officers, council delegates, executive board, program, room representatives, past presidents. The collection also includes an attendance register for 1964-1965, and a folder of historical documents dating from 1920.
- Creation: 1917-1991
- Lakeside Elementary School PTA (Duluth, Minn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Lakeside Elementary school, located at 4628 Pitt Street, was opened in September 1893. The city awarded the contract to architectural firm German & Dewaard. In 1914, an addition was constructed and alterations made by Duluth architect F. W. German. The Parent Teachers Association (PTA) was organized in 1919.
Another addition and alterations in 1952 were by Duluth architect Thomas J. Shefshik. Fire/safety compliance was overseen in 1983 by Duluth architectural firm Thomas & Vecchi. Lakeside Elementary closed in the mid 1990s and the building has been occupied by St. Michael's Lakeside School since 1996.
Language of Materials
The collection consists of two volumes of PTA minutes for both general membership meetings and board meetings (vol. 1 March 12, 1929 to March 6, 1933; vol. 2 March 14, 1933 to May 21, 1940), one volume of the executive board’s monthly meeting minutes (Sept. 2, 1935 to May 8, 1940) and scrapbooks for the academic years 1955-1956 and 1956-1957.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at email@example.com or 218-726-8526.
This collection is owned by the Minnesota Historical Society, but is housed at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives.
Genre / Form
- Guide to the Lakeside Elementary School PTA records
- Finding Aid Authors: P. Maus.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001