Austin Lathers papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains record of personal investments and businesses, correspondence and law practice papers, journals from his rental properties. There was no indication of provenance and there are gaps in the records.
- Lathers, Austin, 1879-1966 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Austin L. Lathers was born in Inkster, Michigan. He was a Duluth, Minnesota resident for sixty years at the time of his death, December 31, 1966. He graduated from the University of Michigan Law School in 1906 and began his practice in Duluth the same year. In 1911, he entered a partnership with Jay H. Hoag, which continued until Mr. Lathers' retirement in 1959. He was a member of the Glen Avon Presbyterian Church, active in the Christian Endeavor of the Presbyterian churches of Duluth. He was president of the Duluth Curling Club in 1932 and was a member of the Duluth Peony and Iris Society and the Hortus Club. He was married to Effie Lathers.
2.50 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains record of personal investments and businesses, correspondence and law practice papers, journals from his rental properties.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8526.
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library.
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Businesses Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Commercial real estate Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Property records Subject Source: Local sources
- Real property Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Austin Lathers papers
- Finding Aid Authors: P. Maus.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001