Minnesota WPA Art Project child health posters
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of seventeen 11"x14" posters in a portfolio. The artwork was designed and executed by the Minnesota WPA Art Project, no artists' names are included. Posters are printed in color on card stock utilizing a simple cutout color-block style. The posters are designed for children and depict health related topics such as nutrition, hygiene, and posture. They depict white boys and girls performing actions such as walking to school in a raincoat, brushing teeth, or eating breakfast.
- circa 1940
- Minnesota WPA Art Project (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The Works Progress Administration's Federal Art Project employed artists in Minnesota from 1935-1943. The project was designed to produce an integration of art into the daily life of the community and to break down barriers between fine arts and practical arts.
Language of Materials
The collection consists of seventeen 11"x14" posters in a portfolio. The artwork was designed and executed by the Minnesota WPA Art Project. No artists' names are included.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at email@example.com or 218-726-8526.
This collection is owned by the Minnesota Historical Society, but is housed at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives.
- Children Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minnesota Work Projects Administration
- Minnesota Works Progress Administration
- Posters Subject Source: Local sources
- Prints Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public health Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Work Projects Administration
- United States. Work Projects Administration (Minn.). Division of Community Service Programs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Works Progress Administration
- Guide to the Minnesota WPA Art Project child health posters
- Finding Aid Authors: Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001