South Superior Land Company papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of one letter and a list of stockholders. The letter is addressed to Theodore W. Robinson from Henry S. Butler regarding the inactive status of the South Superior Land Company, Superior, Wisconsin. Mr. Butler is attempting to call a meeting to "convey what remnants of property there are to the Billings Estate in consideration of cancellation of the bonds, and then wind the company up." The 3 page list of stockholders describes their stock holdings as of 1914.
- 1931 September 4
- South Superior Land Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The South Superior Improvement Company was incorporated in 1889, purchasing and platting 600 acres of land. It was succeeded in 1894 by the South Superior Land Company which folded in 1931.
2.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection consists of one letter and a list of stockholders.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8526.
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library, and are on permanent loan from the St. Louis County Historical Society.
- Business Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Commercial real estate Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Industrial real estate Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Superior (Wis.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the South Superior Land Company papers
- Finding Aid Authors: Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001