St. Louis County League for Planned Parenthood records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence, minutes, scrapbooks, financial records, and reference materials. Statistics concerning the organization’s work may be found although no extensive individual case records were saved.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The Duluth Maternal Health Center was organized in 1935 to inform and educate the public about birth control, and give contraceptive advice to married women. The organization at that time also promoted sterilization of individuals they judged unable to care for their children. The center was reorganized in 1940 as the St. Louis County League for Planned Parenthood. The group maintained a clinic, organized seminars, and pursued other public information activities. The organization disbanded in 1950.
1.50 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains correspondence, minutes, scrapbooks, financial records, and reference materials.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8526.
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library, and are on permanent loan from the St. Louis County Historical Society.
- Contraception Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Families Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Public health Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Local sources
- Women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the St. Louis County League for Planned Parenthood records
- Finding Aid Authors: B.H. Bruemmer.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001