S. George Stevens papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence, 1894-1896; articles and newsclippings, 1912-1949; drawings and photographs; and legal documents concerning patents. The articles, some written by Stevens, largely concern Stevens' interest in birds.
- Stevens, S. George, 1869-1949 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Sylvester George Stevens was a Duluth patent attorney and naturalist. He maintained a bird sanctuary at his Fond du Lac home known as "Balm o'Gilead."
3.00 Linear Inches
Language of Materials
The collection contains correspondence, 1894-1896; articles and newsclippings, 1912-1949; drawings and photographs; and legal documents concerning patents.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8526.
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library, and are on permanent loan from the St. Louis County Historical Society.
- Birds Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Drawings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawyers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Natural resources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspaper clippings Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Guide to the S. George Stevens papers
- Finding Aid Authors: B.H. Bruemmer.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001