Tau Kappa Society scrapbook
Scope and Contents
The scrapbook contains membership lists from 1927-1942, some correspondence, and social activities mentioned in the form of printed invitations and receipts of services rendered to the society. The book was kept by the current president. There are three group photographs of the members circa 1940-1942.
- Tau Kappa Society (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The Tau Kappa Society, sometimes referred to as a sorority, seems to have been a service organization at Duluth’s Central high School. A list of members in the scrapbook begins with the year 1927.
Language of Materials
The scrapbook contains membership lists from 1927-1942, some correspondence, and social activities mentioned in the form of printed invitations and receipts of services rendered to the society.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at email@example.com or 218-726-8526.
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library, and are on permanent loan from the St. Louis County Historical Society.
- Central High School (Duluth, Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Duluth (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High school students Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- High schools Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Organizations Subject Source: Local sources
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Local sources
- Guide to the Tau Kappa Society scrapbook
- Finding Aid Authors: Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001