Twelve Squares Homemakers records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains secretary’s journals: May 1969-May 1971, September 1971-May 1977, May 1977-March 1988; annual attendance and three photograph albums (1969-1979, 1979-1983, 1983-1988).
See also: S6065 St. Louis County Extension Service Records
- Twelve Squares Homemakers (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Twelve Squares organized in 1969 in Rice Lake Township of Duluth through St. Louis County Extension service for fellowship and service. The clubs initial 12 members grew to 15. Their purpose was to promote a better way of life for families, neighbors and each member they sought continuing education, community service, and mutual support. They met monthly, participated in the Minnesota State Fair, held annual events, shared recipes, attended educational workshops on nutrition, cleaning, cooking, repairs, and relationships. The Twelve Squares group ceased when they were only five active members in 1988.
6.00 Linear Inches
Language of Materials
The collection contains secretary’s journals.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8526.
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library.
- Community life--Minnesota--Duluth Subject Source: Local sources
- Duluth (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Families Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Membership Lists Subject Source: Local sources
- Organizations Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- St. Louis County (Minn.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Twelve Squares Homemakers records
- Finding Aid Authors: P. Maus.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001