United Northern Sportsmen records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains newsletters, club historian's files and scrapbook, and subject files. The historian's files include news clippings, club correspondence, reports, circulars, club minutes, committee minutes, and photographs. Subject files include copies of records from organizations with which the United Northern Sportsmen and/or its offiecers were involved, news clippings, reports, circulars, position papers, and correspondence.
The bulk of these records are from the files of the Study Committee of the United Northern Sportsmen. The collection contains substantial information collected by the Study Committee on conservation, United Northern Sportsmen, Boundary Waters Canoe Area, predators and predator control, and Voyageurs National Park.
Box 1 Newsletters
Box 1-2 Club Historian's Files and Scrapbook
Box 2-4 Subject File
- United Northern Sportsmen (Minn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The United Northern Sportsmen, a Duluth, Minnesota based conservation group, was organized on September 18, 1945. It has concerned itself with the conservation of wildlife, forests, waters, and other natural resources, and the promotion of local conservation projects such as conservation education, soil conservation, forest fire prevention, cleaning up our lakes, rivers and streams, restocking of fish and game, and safety in hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities. The United Northern Sportsmen has affiliated with the Minnesota Conservation Federation which in turn is an affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation.
5.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains newsletters, club historian's files and scrapbook, and subject files.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at email@example.com or 218-726-8526.
This collection is owned by the Minnesota Historical Society, but is housed at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives.
- Animals Subject Source: Local sources
- BWCA (Boundary Waters Canoe Area)
- BWCAW (Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness) Subject Source: Local sources
- Boundary Waters Canoe Area (Minn.)
- Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness Subject Source: Local sources
- Clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Duluth (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Environmentalism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Flyers Subject Source: Local sources
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Newsletters Subject Source: Local sources
- Newspaper clippings Subject Source: Local sources
- Organizations Subject Source: Local sources
- Outdoor recreation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Local sources
- Publications Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Local sources
- Sports Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Voyageurs National Park (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the United Northern Sportsmen records
- Finding Aid Authors: Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001