Skip to main content

Washburn Elementary School PTA records

 Collection
Identifier: S4535

Scope and Contents

The collection consists of the records for the Washburn Elementary School PTA, including minutes, reports, scrapboooks, newletters, newspaper clippings and group photographs.

Dates

  • 1919-1993
  • Majority of material found in 1930-1960

Creator

Biographical / Historical

Built in 1905, the Washburn School building is at 201 West St. Andrews Street in Duluth. It was named for J.L. Washburn, a Duluth lawyer and businessman who was a member of the Board of Education from 1900 to 1907. Washburn donated the land for the school to the Board. Washburn helped to develop the school playground and contributed books to build the school library. Washburn Elementary closed in 1993.

Extent

3.00 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

English

Physical Location

This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at libarchives@d.umn.edu or 218-726-8526.

General

This collection is owned by the Minnesota Historical Society, but is housed at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives.
Title
Guide to the Washburn Elementary School PTA records
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Collecting Area Details

Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area

Contact:
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001
(218) 726-8526