Major Roger M. Weaver scrapbook
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a scrapbook and a 1909 certificate from the Governor of Minnesota appointing Weaver to the rank of First Lieutenant in the Minnesota National Guard. The scrapbook containes a copy of Major Weaver’s report to the Adjutant General, a reprint from the Geographical Review entitled, “The Northeastern Minnesota Forest Fires of October 12, 1918,” and news clippings concerning the forest fire.
- 1918 October 13-1919 May 10
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Major Roger M. Weaver of the Minnesota Home Guard was the officer in charge of the Duluth Military District during rehabilitation activities following the 1918 forest fire which affected Duluth and surrounding communities. Weaver was a veteran of the Spanish-American war and a member of the National Guard for 21 years. He was a Colonel and commander of the Second infantry regiment, Minnesota state guard.
As a business person Weaver was chariman of the board of Standard Salt and Cement Company, Vice President and Director of First Federal Savings and Loan Association, and a Director of Northwestern Bank of Commerce. He was a native of Bismarck, North Dakota, and moved to Duluth in 1890. Weaver was active in many Duluth clubs and organizations.
0.50 Linear Inches
Language of Materials
The collection consists of a scrapbook and a 1909 certificate from the Governor of Minnesota appointing Weaver to the rank of First Lieutenant in the Minnesota National Guard.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8526.
1 volume and 1 item
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library, and are on permanent loan from the St. Louis County Historical Society.
- Cloquet (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Duluth (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forest fires Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forest fires--Minnesota--History Subject Source: Local sources
- Minnesota. National Guard
- Moose Lake (Minn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspaper clippings Subject Source: Local sources
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Local sources
- Servicemen, Military Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- St. Louis County (Minn.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the Major Roger M. Weaver scrapbook
- Finding Aid Authors: Staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001