United Way of Greater Duluth records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains annual reports, news clippings, newsletters, promotional materials and working papers. Working papers contain reports, studies, and correspondence, the bulk of which pertain to the delivery of social services to various groups in the Duluth, Minnesota area (i.e. youth, elderly, handicapped, and others). The working papers also contain demographic data on the Duluth area and a study investigating the possibility for increased cooperation among the three sheltered workshops in the Duluth area: Duluth Lighthouse for the Blind, Goodwill Industries, and Duluth Sheltered Workshop.
- United Way of Greater Duluth (Duluth, Minn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Kathryn A. Martin Library, Archives and Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The system of charitable agencies soliciting funds under one organization began with the Associated Charities of Duluth in 1893. The Associated Charities of Duluth was the forerunner of the Community Fund. In 1948, the Fund changed its name to the Community Chest. In 1962, that organization was merged with and became known as the United Fund, which evolved into the United Way of Greater Duluth in 1971.
2.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains annual reports, news clippings, newsletters, promotional materials and working papers.
This collection is located at the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives. For more information about this collection or to make an appointment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8526.
This collection is part of the Northeast Minnesota Historical Collections, which are housed in the University of Minnesota Duluth Archives at the Kathryn A. Martin Library, and are on permanent loan from the St. Louis County Historical Society.
- Annual reports Subject Source: Local sources
- Correspondence Subject Source: Local sources
- Newsletters Subject Source: Local sources
- Newspaper clippings Subject Source: Local sources
- Older people Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- People with disabilities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public health Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public welfare Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Local sources
- Social service Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Youth Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the United Way of Greater Duluth records
- Finding Aid Authors: D. Gaynon.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Collecting Area Details
Contact The University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections Collecting Area
Kathryn A. Martin Library
University of Minnesota Duluth
416 Library Drive
Duluth MN 55812-3001