Facilities, 1960 - 2000
Scope and Contents
- Box 1
- Administrative Computing Plan (Data Process Consultants Visit), 1989 Admissions, 1980-82, 89-90 Audio-Visual Center, 1980-89, 92-93 Career Center, 1989-93 Computer Center, 1974-89, 91-92
- Box 2
- Computer Facilities, 1972-74 Computer Proposal, 1980-81 Counseling Office, 1980-89, 91-93 Development Office, nd Drug Information Center, 1975-82 Food Services, 1971-90 General Services, 1981-89, 91-93 Health Service, 1979- KUMM Campus Radio Station, 1972- Library (UMM), 1981-89, 91-93 Management Planning & Information Service, 1983-85 Minnesota Regional Research Centers, 1980-82 News Releases, 1982-83 Plant Services, 1973-89, 92-93 Records Office, 1980-83, 85-86, 87-89, 92-93
- Box 3
- Residential Life, 1982-89 Telecommunications, 2/87, 5/93 Women's Center, 1980-84, 81-89, 92-93 Computing Services (Computer Center) 1989- Counseling Office, 1990- Faculty Center, 1994-96 Food Service, 1990- Fund Development Office, 1990- General Services, 1990- Grants Development Office, 1990- International Programs, Center for, 1992 Library, 1995-96 Records Office, 1990- WCHRC, 1983-89
- Creation: 1960 - 2000
- Ahern, Wilbert H. (1942-2016) (Correspondent, Person)
- Blake, Elizabeth S. (Correspondent, Person)
- Bopp, Gordon R. (Correspondent, Person)
- Lopez, Angel Andres (Correspondent, Person)
- McRoberts, Thomas (Correspondent, Person)
- Schuman, Samuel (Correspondent, Person)
3.75 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
These materials go beyond a narrow focus on facilities and instead engage myriad administrative issues for various offices and administrative units. The majority of these records date from the 1980s and Elizabeth Blake's tenure as academic dean.
Most of these records are in the form of brochures and pamphlets, correspondence, memoranda, newsletters, hand-written notes, and reports.
Of special interest is the large number of files that document the founding of the Computing Center and its problems and challenges during its early years. The small file labeled "Health Services" is also noteworthy, especially in the inclusion of statistics representing student demand for specific services. The series contains a number of files on the Rodney Briggs Library, mainly from the 1980s and first half of the 1990s, and these involve funding issues, personnel problems, and cut-backs to periodicals and work study monies. Materials also speak to "automation" and the early efforts to provide electronic access to information. The files of the West Central Minnesota Historical Research Center document its early years. Finally, the materials from the Records Office and the Women's Center (Women's Resource Center) are important.
Correspondents: Wilbert Ahern, Elizabeth Blake, Gordon Bopp, Angel Lopez, Thomas McRoberts, Samuel Schuman.
Key Words: Computing Center, Briggs Library, Health Services, Rodney Briggs Library, West Central Minnesota Historical Research Center, Women's Center (Women's Research Center).
The record series contains multiple copies of "UMM Computing Series News." These may eventually be removed to a separate record groupd dedicated to serials.
- University of Minnesota, Morris. Rodney A. Briggs Library (Organization)
- Office of Information Technology (OIT) (2015-) (Organization)
- University of Minnesota, Morris. Computing Center (Organization)
- University of Minnesota, Morris. Office of the Registrar (Organization)