Scope and Contents
- Box 1
- Box 1--ACT Research Reports, 1963-73 ACT Research Service Report, 1963, 1964, 1965-66, 1967, 1968 ACT Research Service Reports & Class Profiles, 1969-70 ACT Research Service Reports & Class Profiles, 1970-71 ACT Research Service Reports & Class Profiles, 1971-72 ACT Research Service Reports & Class Profiles, 1972-73
- Box 2
- Box 2--ACT Research Reports, 1973-79 ACT Research Service Reports & Class Profiles, 1973-74 ACT Research Service Reports & Class Profiles, 1974-75 ACT Class Profiles, 1975-76 ACT Research Service Reports & Freshman Class Profile, 1976-77 ACT Research Service Reports & Freshman Profile, 1977-78 ACT Research Services Summary Tables, 1974-75; 1975-76; 1976-77 ACT Research Service Reports & Freshman Class Profile, 1978-79
- Box 3
- Box 3--Council of Academic Officers, 1973-80 Council of Academic Officers, Meetings & Discussions, 1973-74, 74-75, 75-76, 76-77, 77-78, 78-79 (2), 79-80
- Box 4
- Box 4--Miscellaneous Competency-Based Science Education Program, 1975-76 Competency-Based Science Program, Extra copies Drug Education Candidates Drug Education Project Background Papers, 1966-67 Drug Education Program, 1971-77 Drug Education Program -- Blahna Proposal, 1975-76 Drug Education Position Opening, 1977-78 Drug Information Center, 1979-80 Budget Information Drug Education-State of Minnesota, 1974-76, 78-80 Drug Information Center at Moorhead, MN or Region "C", 1971-77 Outward Bound Program-Minnesota, 1973 Pass-No Record Grading System, 1969-71 Political Science Curriculum Proposals, 1971 Prisoner Education (Robert Raymond Proposal), 1971 Questionnaire-Curriculum Committee French Major Proposal, 1976 Registration Procedures, 1972 Reorganizations (Units I-2, II-2, III-3), Winter & Spring 1968 Review & Approval of Academic Programs, 1978-79 Room Scheduling, Fall 1970 Senior Citizens Program, 1975 SCIP (Student's Course Information Project), 1979
- Creation: 1960-2000
- Ahern, Wilbert H. (1942-2016) (Person)
- Blake, Elizabeth S. (Person)
- Bopp, Gordon R. (Person)
- Cox, Miles (Person)
- Granger, Stephen (Person)
5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This relatively small record group represents some of the functions of the Counseling Office. Most of the records date from the 1960s and 1970s. The contents of the first two boxes consist of ACT Research Service Reports and present a statistical profile of Morris students for the first two decades of UMM's history.
Box 3 consists of bound materials--primarily agendas, minutes, reports--assembled by the "Council of Academic Officers." The Council was an all-University group of administrators that served as a standing Senate committee. Established in 1973, the Council served an advisory role and weighed in on a variety of topics. The inclusion of these papers in this group was probably a product of Gordon Bopp performing multiple administrative roles in the campus' early years.
Of note within Box 4 are the large number of files on Drug Education which documents the shifting nature of the office and changing awareness of chemical issues and concerns. Box 4 also contains a small number of bulletins and schedules.
Materials consist of agendas, brochures and handouts, correspondence, memoranda, minutes, and reports.
Correspondents: Wilbert Ahern, Elizabeth Blake, Gordon Bopp, Miles Cox, Stephen Granger.
- University of Minnesota. Council of Academic Officers (Organization)
- American College Testing Program (ACT) (Organization)
- University of Minnesota, Morris. Student Counseling (Organization)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script